Urgent Fundraising – Muhammad Ammar Fathi (Heart Disease)



***RM10,000 from the “emergency medical reserve fund” has been channelled. Hence, One Hope Charity will only launch a fundraising of RM90,000 for this case.***

The parents had no chance to carry or kiss their baby, and the doctor rushed the newborn to the intensive care unit right after he was born. An examination showed that he had a congenital heart defect. Not only did he have transposition of the great arteries, but he also had narrowed heart valves. The newborn needs urgent surgery to save his life.

Newborn boy Muhammad Ammar Fathi is the firstborn to his disabled father and his wife. Unexpectedly, the baby boy is in dire condition. He is currently in the intensive care unit, relying on oxygen assistance. If he does not undergo surgery in time, he may not have a chance to grow up. His parents pleaded for RM100,000 in surgical expenses.

【As long as he undergoes surgery, the baby boy has a chance to survive, and his recovery rate is as high as 90%】

During the prenatal examinations, baby Muhammad Ammar Fathi Bin Muhammad Aiman, from Bayan Lepas, Penang, showed no abnormalities. However, he was not born after the expected due date, so the doctor induced labour. Two days later, the mother still had difficulties in delivery, so the doctor performed a caesarean section. The baby was born with cyanosis and was rushed to the intensive care unit. The examination revealed that he had transposition of the great arteries (TGA) and interventricular septum (IVS). He is currently relying on oxygen assistance and needs surgery within a month.

The doctor told the parents that the child’s condition was urgent and that they needed to transfer him to a nearby specialist hospital for surgery. After surgery, the baby has a 90% chance of survival, and the remaining 10% depends on the baby’s willpower. If he does not undergo surgery, he will not be able to survive. However, the poor parents are worried as they cannot afford the surgical expenses of RM100,000.

The 26-year-old father, Muhammad Aiman Fikri Bin Saad, and the 26-year-old mother, Nur Atiqah Bt Shamshlil Anuar, are both security guards at a factory, earning RM1,500 monthly each.

The father met with an accident in secondary school and suffered severe head injuries. Five blood vessels in his brain were damaged, resulting in disability on the right side of his body. However, he can still walk. Despite this, he did not give up on himself. Instead, he works hard as a security guard to support himself and his family.

The baby’s grandfather needs dialysis. Although he has government aid, the baby’s father still needs to bear a few hundred ringgit for the supplementing injections. The family income is enough to cover their basic expenses, so they cannot afford the substantial surgical fee.

After reviewing the case following a home visit, One Hope Charity decided to assist Muhammad Ammar Fathi in raising RM100,000 in surgical expenses so that he could undergo treatment in the shortest possible time.

The family agreed to fully authorise One Hope Charity to take charge of the fundraising and collect donations from the well-wishers on their behalf. Call One Hope Charity’s hotline at 04-539 9212, 016-419 2192, 019-232 2192 or 018-911 4192 if you have questions.

GOAL achieved thanks for all your donations