Urgent Fundraising – Ho Chee Sieong (Nursing Home & Wound Cleanning Fee)



52-year-old Ho Chee Sieong from Bukit Mertajam fell into a coma after being sent to the hospital due to the sudden blackening and festering of his ankle. The doctor discovered that it was due to a bacterial infection and suggested amputation to save his life, so his sister signed the consent form for the amputation. After regaining consciousness after the surgery, Chee Sieong was shocked that part of his right leg had been amputated. Although he decided to accept the fact, he was worried that he would be unable to care for himself.

Chee Sieong hopes that the wound will heal as soon as possible so that he can install a prosthetic limb to walk and care for himself. He also wants to be self-reliant and earn money to support himself. His elder sister, who is in her 60s, seeks help from One Hope Charity as she cannot care for her younger brother.

【Chee Sieong’s ankle was painful and swollen about half a year ago. After seeking medical treatment, the doctor confirmed pus in it, so he had surgery to remove the abscess. He also spent several months cleaning his wound, but he still could not escape the fate of amputation】

52-year-old Ho Chee Sieong was a renovation worker. He used to leave his hometown and work in Johor alone. His salary was unstable, with a rough income of about RM2,000 a month. His ankle suddenly became swollen and painful in the mid-last year for unknown reasons. After seeking medical treatment, the doctor told him there was pus in the swollen ankle, which needed surgery to remove the pus. After the surgery, he followed the doctor’s instructions to clean his wound on time every day and took good care of the wound for several months.

He could not work but still needed to pay for his daily expenses. At the same time, he had high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high blood sugar. After exhausting his savings, he had no choice but to return to Bukit Mertajam in early January this year to stay with his elder sister, who is in her 60s. His elder sister also controlled his diet and cared for his health well.

His surgical wound gradually healed in early February this year, but his ankle began to turn black and fester. He fell into a coma after being sent to the hospital. After examination, the doctor said he needed amputation to save his life. His sister was forced to sign for the amputation surgery. After waking up, Chee Sieong learnt that he needed to be amputated to survive due to excessive toxins, so he did not blame his elder sister but chose to accept the fact.

After the amputation, Chee Sieong lost the ability to care for himself. As no one could take care of him after he was discharged from the hospital, his elder sister and niece approached One Hope Charity for help, hoping to send him to a nursing home temporarily so that he could learn how to take care of himself after the wound healed. After installing the prosthetic limb, he will return to his elder sister’s house.

After reviewing the case following a home visit, One Hope Charity decided to assist Chee Sieong in raising a total of RM40,000 for the cost of the nursing home, wound cleaning, diapers and other expenditures for two years. His family agreed to fully authorise One Hope Charity to take charge of the fundraising and collect donations from the well-wishers on their behalf. Call One Hope Charity’s hotline at 04-539 9212, 016-419 2192, 019-232 2192 or 018-911 4192 if you have questions.

GOAL achieved thanks for all your donations